Sweet Rewards just had their one-year anniversary at the Binford Farmer's Market this August. Run by Gayle Schlueter (the cooker and mom) and Heather Hitchcock (the business woman and daughter), Sweet Rewards is one of the sweetest vendors you will find at the market, selling delicious goods from caramel corn to fudge sauce and sugared pecans. To top it off, all their profits go back to local charities. Last year, they were able to donate to 4 different organizations.
All this sweetness started when Gayle saw a Paul Newman's ad. She wanted a way to give back to others in the community, and since Newman turns his profits into charitable donations, why couldn't she do the same? She has been making sauces, dressings, and other delectables for a long time, and family and friends told her they were delicious. It was time to start turning what she loved doing into a way to give back to others, and that's what she and her daughter Heather are doing now.
Bought some of their tasty fudge sauce last weekend? Here's a great recipe to go along with it, or if you come out next weekend, pick some up to make this end-of-summer treat!
Oreo Ice Cream Dessert
How to Make:
1. Put the Oreo Cookies in a zip lock bag and crush.
2. Melt 1/2 stick of butter.
3. Mix butter and Oreos and pat into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
4. Freeze for an hour, or overnight.
5. Let ice cream soften for 30-60 minutes.
6. Spread over Oreo Crust.
7. Freeze for an hour.
8. Warm 2 jars of Sweet Rewards Fudge Sauce until spreadable. It should not be hot so it will not melt the ice cream.
9. Spread Sweet Rewards Fudge Sauce over ice cream layer.
10. Freeze for an hour.
Things You'll Need:
1 bag Oreo Cookies
1/2 stick butter
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
2 jars Sweet Rewards Fudge Sauce
Try with your favorite flavor of ice cream!