Are these really the “best ever” chicken wings? That of course is a matter of opinion, but we certainly think so. And, they are really easy! Of course you can modify to suit your own desires, but give this recipe a whirl. You will be glad you did.
Provided by Darby Simpson of Simpsons Farm Market.
- 10 chicken wings
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Frank’s hot sauce
- Annie’s Organics Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Thaw wings, and remove wing tip
- Feed wing tip to your dog, he’ll love you even more
- Add 1-2 table spoons of Frank’s hot sauce (to taste)
- Mix to coat wings well
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix again, let set 30 minutes
- Preheat grill to 325-350 degrees
- Cook wings covered, over direct heat, for 30 minutes or until 165 degrees internal temperature
- Flip wings every 5 minutes, this is key for even cooking!
- The last 10 minutes on the grill (or last two flips), baste wings with Annie’s Organics Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Dip into blue cheese dressing and enjoy!
- Optional: Serve with cold beer on shaded deck
- Call farmer and let him know this is indeed the “best ever” chicken wing recipe