This dinner is perfect for summer grilling. An easy meal, the main dish and side are composed of a few simple, but flavorful, ingredients. Find nearly all of them at the Binford Farmers Market!
Pork chops (bone-in or sliced pork loin - I get mine from Simpson Farm at Binford)
Minced onion (dry)
Salt and pepper
BBQ or your favorite sauce for grilling
2 ears of sweet corn
1 medium-large sweet onion
6-8 cloves of garlic
whole 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1. Prep your pork chops by slicing (if needed) and seasoning both sides with garlic powder, mined onion, salt and pepper. Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill them.
2. Fire up the grill.
3. Prep veggies - remove the husks from both ears of corn. Quarter the onion and peel the garlic cloves. Put onion and garlic on skewers for grilling. Spray some olive oil on all the veggies and salt / pepper to taste.
4. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
5. Begin grilling with the corn, onions and garlic cloves. Cook completely on one side (until brown on the edges, corn showing grill marks).
6. Add the pork chops to the grill when you turn the veggies. Cook the chops for a 2-3 minutes of each side before adding your sauce. Add sauce to the grilled chops and turn to coat both sides. Cook until done to your preferred temperature.
7. Remove the pork and veggies from the grill. Cut the corn off the cob - be careful it's hot! Remove the onions and garlic from the skewers.
8. Mix the corn, onions, garlic - add fresh tomatoes last. Stir and serve immediately. 9. Serve pork with additional sauce if desired.