This is my second year attending the Binford Farmers Market and I am so excited about the opportunity to share some recipes you can make with the wonderful food you can find there. To learn more about me, and my love of food, check out my blog, Figuring Out Food.
I made these tempting treats as appetizers for some visiting friends last weekend. They are effortless and delicious!
- 4 oz. Delicious Additions Onion Rosemary Marmalade (Buy a jar at the market!)
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- Brush olive oil onto both sides of the pitas.
- Spread 2 oz. of onion rosemary marmalade onto each pita.
- Next, add 2 oz. of mozzarella to both.
- Coarsely chop fresh rosemary and add as much or as little as you like.
- Fire up the grill and cook these for 10 minutes over low heat with the lid closed. (Keep an eye on them and adjust cooking time if needed. Crust should be crispy and cheese should be melted.)
- Serves 2 as a main course or 4-6 as an appetizer.
- Cooking with a wood fire (instead of gas or charcoal briquettes) will add a terrific smoky flavor to your pizzas.