I bought a bottle of Artisano's Garlic-infused olive oil at the market and decided to build a dinner around it. The result is this easy, fresh pasta dish with crunchy, flavorful garlic bread.
1 1/2 cups pasta 1 cup cherry tomatoes (you can find wonderful mixed heirloom tomatoes at the market right now)
3 TBSP Artisano's Garlic Olive Oil
2 TBSP butter
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
3-4 leaves fresh basil
1. Cook pasta and drain.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and combine with the olive oil.
3. Coarsely chop garlic and add to the mixture.
4. Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss to coat.
5. Top with chopped tomatoes and basil. Serve immediately.
Garlic Bread Ingredients:
1/2 of a baguette (or a whole demi-baguette)
Artisano's Garlic Olive Oil
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 TBSP grated parmesean cheese
1 TSP garlic powder
2 cloves of garlic Fresh thyme and oregano to taste
Garlic Bread Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut baguette in half and brush olive oil on both sides.
3. Slice garlic cloves and add to the bread.
4. Top with both cheeses.
5. Sprinkle garlic powder and fresh herbs on top of cheese.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.