Peaches are starting to make an appearance at the Binford Farmers Market, so I whipped up a little weeknight dessert with mine. This recipe was built for 2, but can be easily multiplied if needed.
1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
1/8 Cup sugar
1/8 Cup packed brown sugar
1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
4 Tablespoons cold butter
2 Teaspoons sugar
1. Combine first four ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut butter into small pieces and cut into dry mixture making a doughy topping.
3. Wash, peel and dice peaches. Place each peach into a small baking container. I used mini loaf pans but you can also use small pie tins, ramakins, etc.
4. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar over your diced peaches.
5. Cover the peaches with your topping mixture.
6. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 450 degrees to set the topping. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbly and golden. Serve warm (with ice cream if you have it!)
The peaches are left relatively plain in this recipe so they can be the star flavor of the dish. But, you could add cinnamon or nutmeg to give additional flavor to the fruit.