Try this recipe to warm up any cool fall day.
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 TSP cinnamon
1/4 TSP nutmeg
1/4 TSP ginger
1/4 TSP ground cloves
1 cup of milk for each latte
2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong coffee) per latte
1. Mix the pumpkin, brown sugar and spices in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir to combine as the mixture heats up.
2. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and the spices are well-incorporated.
3. Store the mixture in the fridge (up to a week) or use right away.
4. To make a latte, warm the milk in a saucepan.
5. Whisk 2-3 tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture into the milk over medium heat.
6. When well incorporated, add the coffee.
Written by Despi Ross - Indianapolis resident and author of local food blog, Figuring Out Food