It suggests using Italian Herbs for seasoning, but I also suggest curry, cumin, paprika or red chili pepper (if you like heat).
- 1 rutabaga (also known as a Swede) about 6 inches in diameter
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian Herbs
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel rutabaga and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Place rutabaga cubes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Cover bowl with a plate and shake to coat rutabaga with oil.(You may need a bit more oil.)
5. Sprinkle rutabaga with remaining ingredients and shake again distribute.
6. Transfer rutabaga to a parchment-lined or non-stick baking sheet. (I use a Silpat* to prevent sticking.)
7. Roast in center of the oven until edges brown and rutabaga is tender - 30 to 40 minutes - stirring about halfway through to minimize sticking.