Now that zucchini is in season, it's time for an old favorite: zucchini bread! Consider baking one up on Sunday afternoon and sneak pieces into your lunchbox or enjoy as a quick dessert through the week. This recipe will hold up well in the fridge all week.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped nuts [OPTIONAL] - I like walnuts, but you could use whatever you have.
1. Grease a 13" x 9" inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients to the
creamed mixture, and beat well.
4. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack. Serve warm or cool. Recipe adapted from Mom's Zucchini Bread on AllRecipes.com